Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 55 - Phuket to Hatyai

Left the hotel at Patong beach and headed northwards towards the main land on highway 412 and turned in highway 4 towards Phang Nga where I stopped for lunch. Cost: 65B

After lunch, I continued southwards on highway 4 and stopped about 20km after Krabi for a tea break. Cost: 120B
The time now is 5pm and I will have to do night riding today.

Reached Trang at about 6.45pm and the sky is almost dark. I decided to postpone my dinner break till Patthalung which is about 55km away.

I think my super powerful led spotlights claimed it's first victim today. I was riding down the twisty and winding mountain road when I spotted a bike on the left side of the road wanting to turn into the opposing lane. So I on my lighted and flashed him. The next thing I saw was some light on the floor. I thought someone has thrown some firework onto the road so I swerved aside. But when I past it, I realized that it was a bike on the ground by the roadside. But this dark and forsaken place was no place to stop and help so I rode on till Patthalung where I had my dinner.

Finally reached Hatyai at 10pm and when to Swan for some food. It feels good to be 'home'

Contacted my parents and found out that they are staying at 'ambassador hotel'. It costs 580B and the hotel sucks, more like a whorehouse than a hotel to me. Quickly checked in, took my shower and went off to meet up with my friends.

We went to 'Chonburi restaurant' which has good music, great food and whisky. Got to know a waitress there named 'bear' who really resembles Justin. After the place closed, we thought of going to 'Nectar bar' but that too was closed at 2+am. So we ended up in 'Boo bar' to finish the night. Went back to the hotel at 4+am feeling totally drained of energy.



Expenses:

Petrol - 600B
F&B - 300B
Entertainment - 1000B

No comments:

Post a Comment