Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 54 - Ranong to Phuket

Left Ranong at 10.15am and went to the bus terminal to meet up with my parents who had left slightly earlier than me. They have boarded the bus which will be leaving soon. They will definitely reach before me as I will take about 5.5hrs to cover the 300km.

Moved southwards on highway 4 with the sky overcast and the road damp. I hope it doesn't rain as i got ground to cover. After about 1.5hrs, I stopped at Kuraburi for rest and fuel. The signboard shows that it is another 184km to Phuket.

Stopped at Khao Lak town to have fried rice for lunch. Earlier on, there was this joker on a small orange bike who tried to be funny with me by cutting into my lane and blowing his throttle at me in a corner not knowing that I only come to life in the corners. The devil in me woke up and I toyed with him for a good 5 minutes or so until he got scared and slowed down. He was not even wearing a helmet and I was just waiting for him to make a mistake. So evil...The best part was I missed my turn and had to detour back a good 5km. Wasted 20mins but had good fun.

Due to 'unforeseen circumstances', my parents have decided to proceed to Hatyai, leaving me stranded in Phuket for the night and feeling fucking pissed.

Checked in to 'Neptune hotel' hotel for 950B. It's nice, new and clean compared to the other budget hotels who have doubled their prices in the peak season. Just a freaking rip off I feel. After settling down, I quickly made my way to the many agogo bars at Bangla Road to drink myself silly.

Expenses:

Hotel - 950B
Petrol - 180B
F&B - 400B
Entertainment - 1500B

No comments:

Post a Comment